04 Jul The McCarran Mansion
Built in 1913 as the Gibbons Mansion, the home was purchased by up-and-coming Nevada lawyer, judge, and politician Pat McCarran in 1921. His law practice thrived in the days of the “Reno Cure” for troublesome marriages. Among his famous clients was actress Mary Pickford. The property passed through other owners in the years following McCarran’s death in 1954. Now restored, it houses the offices of ELP Capital, Inc., and IntoHomes Mortgage Services.
VR by Reynolds School of Journalism student Danny Schotthoefer (2003)
Click the red hotspots to enter the McCarran Mansion in virtual reality.