13 Oct Humboldt Co. Courthouse
Humboldt County moved its county seat from Unionville to Winnemucca in 1873. In 1874 the first courthouse, costing $47,800 was constructed. It was destroyed by fire in 1918.
Noted Nevada architect Frederick DeLongchamps designed the present structure, which cost $150,000 and was completed in 1921 on the site of its predecessor. Sculpted eagles with outstretched wings decorate the spaces above the doorways. The interior features a marble staircase, and a two-story atrium with a leaded-glass ceiling.