11 Oct Fourth Ward School
Virginia City’s Fourth Ward School opened in 1877. Designed to serve more than a thousand students, the Fourth Ward was the largest and most advanced of several schools in the district. It is also the only one to survive. Little has changed in the classroom, which includes original maps, desks, blackboards, pump organ, and potbellied stove. Also featured is the “Out of the Closet” exhibit of period clothing.